3.29.2012

Today is your birthday...

March is full of birthdays in our world...
Landry - March 16
Jenni - March 25
Caroline - March 28
Niki - March 31

I was not nearly as prepared as I usually am with fun, creative gifts since I feel like I spent half of the month waiting for Landry to make her grand appearance. (Jenni, I promise you have something good coming). But, I think it has allowed me to focus on the real importance of what celebrating a birthday is all about. It isn't about the presents or the theme of a party (even though those are super fun things to discuss and plan and host) it's about spending that day with the people you love. 

We got to spend Caroline's birthday evening with her eating dinner and hanging out with friends. Now, as a four year old this may just be another time that your parents have people over. But as a 33 year old, it meant something a little different to me. 


The Today Show reported that in a survey conducted people stated that "33" was their best year. And in the month that I have been 33 - I would agree. I am comfortable in who I am, I have a loving husband,  beautiful/healthy children, a wonderful family, great friends, a job I love, a home, etc... 

All things that at the age of 4 I didn't  really think about. (Heck, I may not have reflected that much at 24 when I was much more selfish and focused on me). 



But as we celebrated Sweet Caroline I did think about all that we have to CELEBRATE. 




Bike rides with friends (Radley outgrew his helmet - don't judge)
Spring rain
Purple cupcakes
Star Wars parties
Cheddar's take out
Bathtime giggles
"Late night" (aka 8pm) dance parties
Long talks with besties




And while this party may have been a **tad** different than the ones we used to attend with the Munson's,


I can't think of a party I would rather attend.


Looking forward to all the celebrating to come...

1 comment:

  1. Your kiddos are precious! I love that you and Cindy have each other and kids that are buddies - there isn't anything better. Congrats on your newest blessing!

    ReplyDelete