3.04.2012

MAKs Room: The BIG Reveal

**EDITED: If you are visiting from Kelly's Korner, then welcome to MAKs room!!! MAK has since become our sweet daughter, Landry, and this is her room. I knew that I wanted an "alphabet gallery wall" in her nursery and I loved how it turned out.**

And now I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday: You're FAVORITE room. 

Come see for yourself why I love this room so much!



This is the first wall you see when you open the door. This room has great lighting (according to SG) so I'm excited about all the fun NB pics that we will get to take! 



Cute hooks behind the door for bags - love that crowns are so trendy these days - very convenient for us.


Do you remember my "how to" post about the alphabet wall? Well,  isn't it FABULOUS! 
If MAK is a girl I plan on making some rosettes and other girly flair to glue to some of the frames.

(Turns out MAK was a girl - check out her newborn pics with this as a backdrop here.)



The whole wall....


Ryan's grandparent's bookshelf...



The same glider we used for Radley and Emersyn with a steal of a quilt I found on etsy.


Another shot of the shelves (that were also in both kids' nurseries)...



And the other side... 
{notice the L&A...still deciding on that name}


Dresser and medicine cabinet I got at HobLob for $15 (originally $120)
and also formerly in both kids nurseries ...



I just thought this was adorable so I splurged on it from RHBaby 
(and have since seen them everywhere)




And last but not least.....

the place where MAK will rest his/her sweet head (in another 4 months or so)...


Isn't it lovely? Just so understated and calm.
I.love.it.

Things to note:

1. I love MAKs room
2. Paint is cumberland fog satin finish Behr paint from Home Depot
3. All of the furniture was used in all 3 kids room
4. I am SOOOO glad my original gray-yellow-aqua room didn't work out because I LOVE this (and I can always use those colors somewhere else)
5. Project costs = less than $200 (alphabet wall, window, ragamuffin garland, bunting over bed, yarn letters)
6. Even with a fancy camera, I take an awful picture - sorry that all of these seem crooked and with all the great lighting you would think they would look better ;)
7. MAKs room was so much fun to put together - now I need a new project! :)


Hope you love it as much as we do!! 

And here is a glance at what the room looks like now. We converted it into a playroom and LOVE it!

10 comments:

  1. I Do! I Do! I have been waiting for this post! It is WONDERFUL!! Great Job, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's perfect!! great job! :) i am DYING to know the names...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute room. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Understated and calm...serene...PERFECT! All of the above! :-) LOVE LOVE LOVE the alphabet wall!! What an awesome idea!!! I may need to pin that one if you don't mind!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny...it is easily my favorite room in the house! We didn't find out the gender of baby 3 and now that she is here I love it even more! And of course I don't mind!! I'm kinda obsessed with Pinterest! ;)

      Delete
  5. I love the abc wall. The nursery is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this room! And love the color scheme. Now that a bit of time has passed, is the room still the same?
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin! We actually have the girls in the same room now and this has become play room. I'll add the link to that post at the bottom of this one! :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nikki! It's still my favorite even after the changes. That alphabet wall was a labor of love and I don't know if I will ever be able to take it down! :)

      Delete