10.30.2015

Character Development...

This week was Red Ribbon Week at the kids' school and it's seriously one of my favorite weeks of the year. I love that the teachers talk to them about making good choices and doing what's right and I love that they can get creative while doing it!

Monday was the traditional "Wear Red Day" - Emmy of course had to add her own little flare.


Tuesday was superhero day and we didn't take a picture. Oops.
Wednesday was jersey day but the girls didn't want to wear one of Rad's old jerseys so they settled on Aggie shirts instead. 


Thursday was camo day and also "make a funny face day". This is how it goes down...
Radley - the oldest kid, stands and smiles like he is told
Emersyn - the middle kid, does what she thinks is cute
Landry - the third kid, doesn't even make it in the picture


And then it was Friday - my FAVORITE day. Character day! Emersyn picked Fancy Nancy and helped "design" her own ensemble and Radley was the Book with No Pictures - get it?


We made our way up to school but the plans got altered since it was pouring down rain and instead of having the parade outside, they altered it and let the kids walk down the halls while the parents stayed in the cafeteria to watch. I ended up liking this even better because we had places to sit! I love how creative the staff gets and how much fun the kids have!

Mr. Hatfield, our principal, was Pete the Cat!


Some of Radley's 4th grade idols...


The 3rd grade DL teacher was Captain Hook...


This girl went all out as Ursula...


Frida...


Kayla was a horse rider for the third year in a row...


Radley as the Book with No Pictures (which if you don't have it - pick up a copy.... my kids love it and I have to admit that I think it's pretty darn funny, too!)


An adorable Waldo...


And then of course Miss Fancy Nancy herself!


Love those big smiles on their faces at school! Halloween week may be growing on me after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment