1.01.2012

Hometown Christmas...

The kids and I visited Waco this week for a quick hometown Christmas. I always have to tell them as we are loading the car that we are going to see GiGi and Pops or I will never hear the end of it. The days leading up to our departure would be filled with, "Is it time to go see GiGi and Pops now?" so I go with the surprise effect. 


Radley was simply thrilled to not only see GiGi, Pops and MaMaw, but well this didn't hurt either....



The first night we were there we got to have Christmas with Karli-bug and Cooper-man (or just Karli and Cooper).  These are my besties babies and I know I've said it a million times, but there is just something so beautiful about raising kids with my friends. I didn't grow up around my cousins so my friends are my family and I just love seeing our kiddos play. 

Karli is only 3 months older than Radley but she's about 4 inches taller, which is funny because well, Jenni is slightly vertically challenged and Cotton, her husband, didn't get to be tall until high school. 


Emmy loved all her fairy goodies (this book is ADORABLE)...


And Karli was a pro at unwrapping gifts. 


The few days we spent in Waco were so much fun. The kids got to stay up late, skip naps and eat sweets all day. Which may cause me to have small heart murmur, but puts a big smile on their faces. 


And not many people can put a smile on Radley's face quite like Uncle Pete. 


And this child. She is just a mess. There is no other way to describe her. She is into everything and wants to do it all by herself, whatever "it" may be. 

I wonder where she got that from?


We came back to College Station to celebrate New Years with Ryan (he had to work on NYE) but no matter how long or short our trips are to Waco, there really is no place like home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment