1.17.2012

Lovin' Long Weekends (pt 1): Another day in paradise...

OMGoodness, I LOVE long weekends, don't you? I think that if I could have a 3 or 4 day weekend EVERY week two things would certainly happen:

1. I would be MUCH more productive and happy at work
2. I would be much more productive at home (especially if the kids went to school still...kidding. Kind of)

 Our weekend started out with a trip to Shipley's (kids still in pjs) which really makes everything better. Then it was off to the Childrens' Museum to have some fun time pretending, creating, and playing. 

Emmy and Ryan worked hard on a one of kind masterpiece. She LOVES to draw, paint, scribble, and write - I really think she may be our artist. 


I mean look at how carefully she selected her paint color. :)


Radley's favorite exhibit at the moment is the new "healthy living" exhibit. It's been updated and has eye charts, heart rate machines, scales, and fun medical equipment to play with. I think he was giving Ryan an eye exam here (and Ryan actually has to get glasses now!!) 


We spent the day with the Munson's and Emmy and Millicent were bonding over being "the little" ones. How sweet are they?


After the museum we took some serious advantage of the weather and headed to the park for a picnic! Josh and I are the designated picture takers so here is proof that he was there, too. 


The weather could not have been more perfect - seriously just beautiful and we loved it! Here is Radley saying prayers before digging in...I think it may have included Star Wars, sunshine, and food. :)


It's simple moments like these that make me just stop and quit worrying about all the "stuff" I worry about and soak it all in.


I am so glad that Ryan volunteered to oversee the yogurt eating...she had "free reign" since she wasn't restrained by her booster seat which meant yogurt was pretty much everywhere. 


Sweet Caroline is growing so fast these days... only two more months until she is FOUR! 




One of the great things about our "sister cities" of Bryan-College Station is the amount of parks that we have. Each one is well kept and offers something a little different - we are very lucky to live in such great communities. The kids LOVE going to the park and it's great to just be able to sit and watch them play knowing they are safe and having fun. 



And Emmy is becoming quite the "queen of the playground" these days...keeping up step for step with the big kids! 


Oh yes, 3 day weekends are such a blessing and the fun just continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment