1.19.2012

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Last night we were out for a nice family dinner.

My mom has been in Baton Rouge taking care of my MaMaw for the past couple of weeks and she needed some good, quality time with 2 of her favorite grandkids, children and significant others. (The third set lives in California). We went out for a snazzy meal at the one and only Cracker Barrel.

Radley is a cuddle bug which normally I don't mind but after a while of non-stop touching and rubbing I can get a little, ehm, annoyed, irritated, sensitive. At one point he was laying his head on my tummy and my brother looks at him and proceeds with the following:

Jeremy (also known as Uncle Pete): What are you laying on, Radley?
Radley: Mommy's tummy.
Jeremy: What's in Mommy's tummy?
Radley: My new baby.
Jeremy: with a knowing twinkle in his eye How do you think the baby got IN Mommy's tummy?
Katy: WHAT?!?! Are you kidding me? Now? Really, Jeremy? REALLY?
Radley: Wondering why he had never thought to ask this before... Mommy... how DID the baby get in there?
Katy: Seriously? I look up at MY mommy not wanting to admit that even I know how the baby got "in there". Quick, Katy..think. What is not a lie, but not the total truth... Jesus. Jesus put the baby in there. All babies are miracles, buddy.
Radley: Deciding if he buys this answer... Because God makes things special?
Katy: Yes. thinking of a distraction You want some more syrup?
Radley: Yes, Mommy.

Well, that was fun. And Jeremy, paybacks are, well... you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment