5.28.2017

Two tiny tutus...

Recital day finally arrived and this time I had two tiny dancers to get ready!


Sweet girls got stuck with a momma that is not the greatest at hair or makeup but they both thanked me over and over again and wanted to know how I "got so good at the makeup". 


I let them both know that when you start off as beautiful as them, makeup was easy. 


The recital was in Rudder Auditorium this year so we made our way to campus to snag some seats and snap some pics - of course their biggest fans made the trip. 


and the only thing brighter than the sun was their smiles!


(I'm adding this picture simply so you can see that Ryan causes us the most problems when it's picture time...HA!)


The time we had all been waiting on finally arrived and the girls could have not done better! Since Emmy's two dances were after intermission she got to sit with us and see Landry dance.


All these (horrible quality) photos were taken at rehearsal and the girls were watching their teacher on the opposite side of stage that I was sitting.


They dance at a Christian dance studio that weaves the message of God through dance and into recital.


This year they rewrote Annie and told the story of how we are all adopted into God's family. Landry's costume was a fan favorite - I mean I need that star leotard in my size!


She did SOOOO good - she barely looked at her teacher and had a smile on her face the entire time. We couldn't have been more proud of our girl!


After L's second dance, I went and checked her out so she could watch Emersyn dance. And y'all, I get that I'm a broken record with the "I take awful photos" intro, but clearly, I do.

However, maybe the kids will get a kick out of it when they're older, right??!

I wish this one wasn't grainy because HOW CUTE IS THIS LEAP!?!



Emmy's jazz dance was to "never fully dressed" and they may have stolen the show. At the very end, the class is supposed to exit and Emmy runs to the middle of the stage for one last "smile" and she couldn't wait for that part. She kept pointing for her class to move off stage - I wish I could say I was surprised, but she gets it honestly.


Their final dance was actually the last dance before the company finale so they closed the show!


Just like Landry, she kept a smile on her face the entire time.


Even if she wasn't 100% sure of the next step, she smiled through and was so much fun to watch!


Dance wasn't the easiest this year - Tuesdays were LOOOONNGGG  and they didn't always want to go and I didn't always want to take them and Radley definitely didn't always want to sit there... 


but we always follow through our commitments... 


and these sweet faces were more than worth every tired Tuesday we had!



No comments:

Post a Comment